PDA

View Full Version : Re stocking the Hunter Max 1

SlimySquirrel
02-20-2012, 01:21 AM
Hi Guys,

I am looking at re stocking my Hunter Max1 .223
Would this be the right stock for the model 10 short action?
http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/CLASSIC-SAVAGE-10-SA-CENTERFEED-p/610-524.htm

and has anyone else done the same? I am thinking that bedding it would also be a good idea.

Cheers

Andre

ellobo
02-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Go to thier website and look at the Savage page. It shows you how to determine what stock to order for your particular rifle. The have three models available for Savage rifles. I would say yes, the short action stocks will fit your rifle.

El Lobo

SlimySquirrel
02-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Cheers,

I got a reply from Boyds but he said that the stock is for "Blind" magazine. Does this mean it can simply be inletted to fit the Mag?

Sorry for the questions but I live in NZ and want to make sure before ordering!

pdog06
02-21-2012, 08:04 AM
If yours is a detachable mag you will just need to have the stock inletted for it. Sharpshooter Supply will do this for about $50. Sure other smiths will do it to, but probably a little more money.

ellobo
02-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Hey guys, this fellow is in New Zealand I believe. Unless he makes arrangements with SSS to get his stock, inlet the DBM metal and then ship to NZ it cant get done. How many gunsmiths are available in New Zealand. Plus it may takes months considering red's workload at this time. Perhaps others advertising here can do the work quicker. So far we dont know exactly which model and magazine this fellow has. If it is a blind magazine he wont have a problem with the stock as it comes from Boyds.

El Lobo

SlimySquirrel
02-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Yeah, true that!

I am in nz, there are smiths that will do the work but I was wondering if I could get a stock that would be a drop in style.

I am also kinda impatient, so I would have to get it done here so I could know exactly how long things will take.

Thanks for replies too guys.

Fyi it is a model 10 predator hunter max 1 .223