PDA

View Full Version : New Trigger and New Bolt Handle

Matt3357
02-19-2012, 09:11 PM
I have a Savage 10fp in 308 with the B&C stock, accutrigger and the Large Ball bolt handle.

This gun is the way I want it except for the trigger and the bolt handle.

I really really like the 110ba style bolt handle but am not against supporting a forum vendor and having them convert my bolt with an aluminum adaption like I have seen mscott post.

As far as the trigger goes, I have read great things and horrible things about all of the options from Timney, SSS, Rifle Basix. I believe the Timney is out because I have the accutrigger model. So it is between the other two and any other options you guys have up your sleeve.

Let me know your thoughts.

Matt

GaCop
02-20-2012, 07:37 AM
You can't go wrong with the SSS trigger and his bolt handle.

rusty815
02-20-2012, 12:03 PM
I recently installed a Rifle Basix trigger (SAV-1) and it is the best trigger I have ever used, took me about 20 minutes to install and tune, has no creep overtravel (when it breaks, it literally does not move more than say half a millimeter at most), and is at the lightest setting (14oz) with fully working safety and no slamfires. I can't recommend it enough. If you do get the Rifle Basix SAV-1, take your time adjusting the safety screw until its just right, if you adjust the safety screw perfectly you won't have to worry about it going off while on safety, and adjusting the sear engagement screw perfectly takes away all the creep while having no slam fires.

As for bolts, check out the tactical bolt handles over at stockade, I have one on order that I'm going to get along with a new stock, Kevin Rayhill is friendly and will have it shipped faster than you can get into contact with SSS, give him a call.