PDA

View Full Version : I Sold my Edge .223

gatorhugger
02-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Well I bought one when it was still an edge.
I got the camo version, mounted a cheap but clear older Japanese
Tasco on it, think it was a 6x-18x. It had a stiff trigger, and got more than a few snide looks at the range.
However, I could do an honest 4 shot group of half an inch at ...200 yards. Not bad for any rifle at any price.
No problem touching 4 bullet holes all day long with good ammo.
Well I kept hearing about accutriggers, and my buddies had accutriggers, so I sold the cheapo savage.
I snagged a Savage 10FP-SR.
Mounted a Weaver Nitrex on it, and boy it can shoot too. I will start by saying I Love the gun. Though it might have an extractor issue since half the time it lays the fired brass on top of the mag instead of ejecting it.
Can it do half an inch at 200 yards? Almost. Not quite. It's getting there though, best group was 9/16 inch.
And it won't do close to it until the barrel warms up after about 10 rounds. The first 10 rounds string vertically, so the cheap stock is probably the culprit. Then it settles down into a savage machine.

But did I gain anything getting rid of my Edge? Nope
Moral to the story, if you got what's working, don't sell it. :(
Somebody out there has a fine shooter.

godale
02-21-2012, 08:20 PM
:D most of my problems over the years was because i wouldnt let things alone lol

dacaur
02-25-2012, 11:52 PM
ouch.....

I have been looking at the ruger american..... I like the adjustable trigger and sweet magazine... But my .308win edge with non adjustable trigger is a sub MOA shooter, the only time it doesnt shoot good is for the first 5 rounds or so after I clean it, then its back to great groups, even starting at the first shot on the next range trip, as long as I dont clean it....

I really dont think I could gain anything by selling my edge and buying the ruger....