PDA

View Full Version : centerpoint t.a.g. 3-12x44 i.r.

bluealtered
02-19-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm going to throw this out here simply because i have been given one as a present. I put it on a model 11 package .243 that has never been close to the hash marks with any brand of bdc type scope. I run 87gr vmax's through this rifle and i hit the range yesturday to see how it would do. I have used this brand in the past and accept it for what it is, centerpoint doesn't claim to be world class anything, just a decent scope for a few bucks. They have had world class customer service in the past for me.

The 3-12x44 t.a.g. has a true etched i.r. with muzzle loader yardage on one side of the crosshairs and centerfire on the other. The elevation/windage knobs are very firm and can be heard with ear plugs in, they are also numbered and easy to see. I have always found their glass decent for the money and this seems to be better than that. (Yes your eyes may be different) It is the first twelve power scope i remember looking through with out a a.o. but it worked fine out to 400yds by changing the eye relief which was as far as i could get with our range.
I set zero at 100yds and it did a good box test so i sarted playing with the bdc. I should say that we have enough snow/ice on the range that i didn't go to the 2-300yd posts to put up targets, i didn't feel like crawling up the hill or sliding down it. So i just used the 100yd target and tried the 2-300yd centerfire hash marks. A three shot group using the 200yd mark was right at 2" high, the 300yd mark with three shots was 4" high.

In the past with this rifle and load that 2" high will put it pretty close at 200yds, the 4" high i'm not sure about for 300yds but will see when i don't have to slide down the hill to do so. For the first time out with that scope it has minute of coyote, and the price was right. About the best thing i can say is if you need a bang around hunting scope take a look through one and see if it works for you. I have seen them on line for $125. blue

GaCop
02-20-2012, 08:32 AM
Good write up and information.