PDA

View Full Version : Acutrigger advice

Pages : 1 [2]

stangfish
02-22-2012, 11:47 PM
I think someone should check their target spring with a magnet and some calipers. Post the material, wire diameter, inside, outside and overall length and the coils per inch.
Then all can have a light spring for around 5 bucks with shipping.

Well there is a couple of small problems with this.... Second the target accu-trigger uses the SAME silver spring as your varminter gun, (BVSS) so you will not gain a thing. The lower trigger weight comes from a special sear, that is identified by a small dimple under the flag.

Thanks I read that the other day and forgot about it. So the latter part of my post addresses a lighter spring.....is that an option? I dont have a dog in this hunt as I have no Accutrigger.

82boy
02-23-2012, 12:17 AM
[quote=stangfish So the latter part of my post addresses a lighter spring.....is that an option? [/quote]

A lighter spring can be abtained, with good results, but the target accu-trigger uses the same spring as the varmint spring. (Silver.) The reduced weight comes from the special sear. A custom spring is easier than you think, just look at you ink pen.

stangfish
02-23-2012, 12:35 AM
I need pikters!

This one is a ?
http://www.gunblast.com/images/Savage-12F/DSC01286.jpg

Probably copywrited so I linked to it.

82boy
02-23-2012, 12:46 AM
That is a target accu-trigger with a silver spring, if you look on the other side of the sear you will see a small dimple identifing it as a target accu-trigger sear.

lrpv-shooter
02-23-2012, 08:20 PM
When you manipulate a savage trigger a little goes a long way so if you cut the spring I would cut a 1/4 coil till you get close then I went 1/8 coil till it was what I wanted plus I noticed the trigger pull changed from out of stock to in stock so I removed and reinstalled the stock a couple of times. My triggers have been as low as 3.5 oz but that's to light I think...
I will try and post some pics soon