PDA

View Full Version : vortex crossfire fine crosshair

zap
02-17-2012, 10:58 AM
I am interested in the 4-12 x 40 with the AO and fine crosshair.

Is the center of the crosshair tied into a knot like some of the cheap Tasco's used to be ?
Or are the wires just crossed over each other to make a clean looking crosshair?

Also, how do you like them over all as far as clarity and sharpness ?

placek59
02-17-2012, 01:43 PM
I think the reticles are etched into the lens. Is this the scope you're looking at? It says in the description that the reticles are etched.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/115126/vortex-crossfire-rifle-scope-4-12x-44mm-v-plex-reticle-matte

I cannot comment on clarity now, but hopefully I can tomorrow when mine comes in!

zap
02-18-2012, 09:57 AM
placik, very interesting.
I am wondering if the one I am interested in, is a model from last year, because the bell diameter is 40 mm and not 44mm like the one you show.

Etched glass is always a plus because they can be used on air rifles.

Thanks

42769vette
02-18-2012, 01:03 PM
the one your looking at is last years model. dealers wont have the new model in hand for atleast another month.

thunderchief
02-18-2012, 03:30 PM
It is a good scope. Had mine on a 243 and moved it to a 10/22. Much better fit in my case. I did have to send my first one back, and they promptly sent me a new one- no charge. I was shooting it on my 243 zooming in and out. When I finished I put it back on its lowest setting and placed it in the safe. I took it back out a few weeks later and the zoom ring was frozen solid. Called Vortex customer service and they tried diagnosing the problem over the phone. Tried their recommendations, didn't work, so they told me to send it back. Got a new one within the week. No problems since.

GaCop
02-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Vortex has great customer service if you ever have any problems with one of their scopes. The Crossfire line is made in china but, the Viper and Diamondbacks are Japanese glass and I believe assembled in the Philippines.