PDA

View Full Version : Are the Savage target barrels cut to target chamber standards?

ba_50
02-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Standard factory barrels usually don't use reamer guides when cut, so I am wondering how the Savage target/benchrest chambers are done. Are the cartridges lined up straight inline with the barrel vs standard factory, which usually aren't? How do they compare to Krieger's target chambers? Thanks.

82boy
02-17-2012, 11:09 AM
They are cut in a same manner as an Savage barrel. Its a mass produced barrel, it will be like any other mass produced barrel. It is not uncommon to fine chambers that are crooked, and have other problems. I dont know what Krieger chamber would look like, as any Kriger barrel I have ever had was chamberd by a smith, but I would be willing to say it not in the same ballpark as a Savage chamber.

MatthewUSMC8791
02-17-2012, 08:20 PM
They are cut in a same manner as an Savage barrel. Its a mass produced barrel, it will be like any other mass produced barrel. It is not uncommon to fine chambers that are crooked, and have other problems. I dont know what Krieger chamber would look like, as any Kriger barrel I have ever had was chamberd by a smith, but I would be willing to say it not in the same ballpark as a Savage chamber.

+1 on yes its a factory barrel.. So dont even let it enter your mind your getting the same quality or specs as you wound if you were buying a BRUX...
http://www.bruxbarrels.com/gpage.html

good luck

ba_50
02-24-2012, 08:23 AM
One poster said they have match chambers but that is all.

82boy
02-24-2012, 11:10 AM
One poster said they have match chambers but that is all.

Whats a "Match" chamber? That is basicly up to interpetation, most match shooters prefer Non-SAAMI speck chambers with tight necks that the brass has to be fitted to the chamber.