PDA

View Full Version : Actions?

bucksnort2
02-17-2012, 12:48 AM
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, but, where can I find a Savage (f/tr) receiver, SA, for a rifle I'm considering in the 6mm or 6.5mm class? What can one expect to spend on the receiver (ballpark)? Thanks.

geargrinder
02-17-2012, 12:57 AM
Northlander sells them here in the forum in the Vendor section.

If you were a paid member, you might also find one for sale in the classifieds.

jhelmuth
02-17-2012, 01:48 AM
Bought one from Jim last week. He is out of stock and does not expect to get them in until the end of the month. I can't find any out there, so beware that availibility is scarce at the moment...

BTW... expect to pay at least $525 an up incl. shipping.

ellobo
02-17-2012, 02:50 AM
You can buy a used rifle for from $200-$350. but, make sure it is a real short action not one of the so called intermediate short actions. Use the rifle for a donor action and sell the rest, barel. stock etc. on the classified here, but you have to be a member for $12. Look in Auction Arms or Gun Broker for used rifles. Pawn shops.

El Lobo

jeffm
02-20-2012, 03:14 PM
You can buy a used rifle for from $200-$350. but, make sure it is a real short action not one of the so called intermediate short actions. Use the rifle for a donor action and sell the rest, barel. stock etc. on the classified here, but you have to be a member for $12. Look in Auction Arms or Gun Broker for used rifles. Pawn shops.

El Lobo

Can you please explain the difference between a "real short action" and an "intermediate"? I have heard there are 2 actions maybe Staggard and Center? Can anyone tell me the difference/which is better to build on?

jhelmuth
02-20-2012, 03:32 PM

El Lobo

..but not one with a Target Action (as the OP posted) which is the Action used on the F/TR, Benchrest, LRPV, and only a very few of the Savage Model 12 line...

Jericho
02-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Walmart can the order the actions for you.

bucksnort2
02-21-2012, 12:53 AM
Can the Savage benchrest stock ordered from some aftermarket vendor too?