PDA

View Full Version : stock suggestions

quadsport09
02-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Looking to get an aftermarket stock. I have a stevens 200 and Id like to change it all up. Does anyone know of any good Synthetic stocks? I want to paint my own so i figure that a synthetic stock would be cheaper and easier to paint. BUT i still want the quality of an aftermarket stock. Any recomendations?
thanks everyone

darkker
02-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Bell & Carlson Duramaxx is a VERY good stock for the money. If you want rock stable for a little more, I like the Choate ultimate's.

quadsport09
02-07-2012, 11:50 AM
I liked the choate alot too thanks

MNbogboy
02-09-2012, 11:10 PM
I have three Duramax and they all perform well with their pillars...The only drawback for me is that they only are available with varmint contour barrel channel....Many of the barrels I use with these stocks are sporter contoured and the "look" really isn't there for me, although they shoot wonderfully...

Recently I purchased B&Cs new sporter version of their Medalist....This is a real nice looking stock with an good fit for sporter and heavy sporter barrel channels...Along with the full aluminum chassis bedding system this stock fits my bill for an accurate hunting build....These are for the LA Savages and Stevens 200 only....My Stevens 200 dropped right in with only a little sanding underneath the tang and one "high" spot in the barrel channel....Also a little more clearance was required for the Rifle Basics Sav-1, but that took about one minute of filing....Might be worth you taking a look at one (Stocky's have some in stock)..

Randy