PDA

View Full Version : Potential Magazine box issue

bjones2571
02-05-2012, 03:16 AM
I bought a Heritage sporter stock from Stockysstocks to restock my Stevens 200 LA. The factory stock holds the magazine box really tight. The new stock however has a couple of millimeters of space on all four sides of the magazine box. This just doesnt seem right. Seems like it will shift to much to reliably feed. Any suggestions on what I should do? Is this a common issue? TIA

GaCop
02-05-2012, 06:59 AM
I cut "popicle" sticks from a craft shop to fit around the mag box and supply the needed pressure for the "L" clip to hold the box in place.

JW
02-05-2012, 08:12 AM
I read a post a few weeks ago where they taped the magazine to the action and put epoxy putty in each corner of the mag well
Then put the action, with the mag taped in place, in the stock
If you do a search you should be able to find the post
Or maybe someone will chime in with more information
I hope this helps
Jack

JW
02-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Found what I was referring to in last post:

Re: Centerfeed bedding
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 07:49:30 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the process I use for bedding the CF magazine box into the stock so that it is positioned to feed correctly and stay in place:

I put 3 layers of tape along the bottom of the bolt and tape the magaze box in the proper position to the action. Next I press a small ball of plummers epoxy in each corner of the stock magazine well. Don't forget to put release agent on the box metal. Attach the action to the stock pressing the bottom of the magazine box into the epoxy putty. Tighten down action bolts to the desired torque. Wait 10 minutes and remove action and magazine box. Use a small blade to trim away any excess putty before it hardens completely. Now you have a fitted base that will hold the magazine box in place at the proper height for smooth feeding. And the spring loaded follower will not push the magazine box all around the stock well, or up against the action. I then throw away the L-clip.

thejimmster
02-09-2012, 11:00 PM
I used Loc-tite super glue gel to attach L-clip to mag. Then I shim the mag in place with wide popsickle sticks (not the "skinnier style sticks") on all sides (front, back, right & left). It takes a few times to get it lined up to feed cartridges properly, but it works. You may have to put popsickle sticks in the bottom of the mag well on the stock to raise the mag to the correct height.

FYI - i did this on B&C Duramaxx stock.