PDA

View Full Version : Barrel in stock

deltagunner00
02-04-2012, 11:57 AM
My new barrel is just a hair off center in my stock. New CBI in a new B&C Medalist. When i stand over the top you can just notice that there is a slightly larger gap in barrel channel on one side than the other. It is still completely floated. Is this a concern or roll with it?

Harriershot
02-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Run a credit card between the stock and the barrel, if it is free floated it should be good to go.
Also make sure you have the action in the stock without magazine well, trigger assy or anything else touching that shouldn't be, causing a mis alignment or bind.

Charlie

Werewolf
02-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Maybe you mean business card?

r29l20
02-04-2012, 05:56 PM
My credit card gets alot of business. ;D

stangfish
02-04-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm happy with a dollar bill.

82boy
02-04-2012, 07:58 PM
There is a few things that can cause this, and it is more cosmetic than anything. It could be that the recoil lug is off center, and ether changed or making contact with the recievier, stock, or barrel nut in a new way. It could even be the way you mounted the stock, I aways place the screws in lightly and stand the gun up on the but, so that the recoil lug sits against the stock, then I tighten down the action screws. Every barrel has its own personality, and it just may have a bow, or be slightly off center. Even with this it dont make any diference, One of my best shooting barrels is just like you have described, I would not change it for the world.