PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: New to Forum - New to Savage

firstshot425
02-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Hello everyone

Glad to be aboard. Looks like a great forum. Like I said, I'm new to the forum and new to Savage as well. After reading a lot of reviews, including some threads on this forum, I just ordered a pair of Mark II BV's for my son and myself. I've had both an Anschutz 1416D, and a CZ 453 in the past. I found that the CZ was every bit as accurate as the Anschutz, and I'm hoping to find that the Mark II BV is every bit as accurate as the CZ ; D Hope I did good. Maybe a couple of you guys can chime in on BV accuracy?

Above and beyond the reported accuracy I was able to find, I chose the BV primarily for its weight and the Accutrigger. I got the LR's so we could practice (cheep) for shooting our deer rifles. The BV's weight is very close to my 11 yr old sons modified Rem 700 Mtn LSS .243 and I may have to get a gunsmith involved, but I intend to adjust the accutrigger to match his LSS trigger pull. Same for my Browning BAR 7mm-08.

I've also ordered a pair of Simmons 22 Mag 3-9x32 AO scopes. The reviews on this scope were prety good and the price was right. Figured we could upgrade later if needed. Anyone have any experience with these scopes? If so, I'd ove to hear from you.

Thanks

firstshot

billyb
02-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Like so many have said get a variety of ammo and see which you BV likes. Not all rifles will like the same brand or velocity. My BV seems to prefer WOLF MT. After that most sub-sonics will give decent results. I can usually keep my groups under a half inch at 50 yds if I do my part.

Happy shooting.

cheap22
02-05-2012, 04:20 PM
My BTV likes Wolf ME real well,but my GV likes SK standard + ( same thing as Wolf MT ) better than Wolf ME. Ulus