PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Issue with Model 11

Three44s
02-02-2012, 10:57 AM
I bought a couple of new Model 11's for donor guns the last couple of months.

I then purchased a three screw and four screw trigger from forum members with the intent of changing out the factory triggers.

I have done this with my Long action Savages with excellent results.

Upon opening up these Model 11s I find they DONT use the same trigger!

There is a coil spring at the rear and no bracket to mount wire spring that the three screw and four screw triggers utilize.

What are my options?

Thanks in advance!

Three 44s

82boy
02-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Upon opening up these Model 11s I find they DONT use the same trigger!
There is a coil spring at the rear and no bracket to mount wire spring that the three screw and four screw triggers utilize.
What are my options?
Thanks in advance!
Three 44s

That is the new style trigger, that recently came out. I believe this is the same trigger found in the Axis/edge rifles. I dont know if the aftermarket triggers will fit, due to the axis/Edge having a smaller trigger bracket (On the sides.) You may be able to use a Axis/Edge Bifle basix trigger. I also beilieve the accu-trigger will fit.

ellobo
02-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Seems to me that I read somewhere that Timney also makes an axis trigger.

El Lobo

Three44s
02-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Thanks 82boy and ellobo,

I could live with the Accutrigger as I have the "varmint" parts to convert it for a lighter break.

I'll rephrase my question:

Has anyone converted the new style model 11 trigger to a Rifle basix, Timney or to an accutrigger yet?

Has anyone converted the whole trigger on a model 11 or similar back to the earlier Savage trigger that will use a three screw or four screw?

I would think that there are some whole trigger housings laying around due to SSS and Basix #2 triggers being installed?

Thanks thus far!!!

Three 44s

Three44s
02-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Bump ......... still wondering.

Three 44s

jonbearman
02-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Why not call fred at sss and I am sure he will have the exact answer you need.

Willoughby
02-03-2012, 06:02 PM
if it has a coil spring in the rear like an Axis trigger -its real easy to adjust to a great trigger -safely
hone contact surfaces with a ceramic stone- adjust spring tension as needed -or desired
then - slap -bump-drop test it
I think the axis trigger design is one of the better triggers Ive ever used
right up there with the accu trigger IMHO

Three44s
02-03-2012, 10:12 PM
jonbearman,

I did send SSS an email this morning ......... thanks! I have not received a reply yet and it's my understanding that they are VERY busy over there ....... some people claim to have never heard back from them. A lot of folks call by phone but on their website they appear to frown on that.

On at least one of these two rifles, I would be willing to by their Competition trigger as it's now wearing a .204 Ruger chambered barrel ........ I mean business with that one .... but I am not willing to spend a $100 bill for something with the blind hope that it will fit.

Willoughby,

My model 11's in question do have the coil spring at the rear.

Does one clip coils off the spring or does it adjust by a screw to reduce the pull weight?

The amount of sear engagement concerns me with this trigger as it does not have an adjustment for that. Sear engagement is one of the attributes with the three and four screw triggers of the older Savages.

Best regards and thanks thus far

Three 44s

Three44s
02-06-2012, 01:57 AM
SSS answered my email today ......... thank you!

As he's not seen the new trigger yet, he's basically guessing it uses the accutrigger type bracket and an SSS competition trigger would then fit with the simple grind (I am assuming like the Edge/Axis models).

Three 44s