PDA

View Full Version : Savage 220: 220 ejection problem?

Pages : 1 [2]

DoeMaster
03-13-2011, 12:32 AM
Savage customer service in my experience pretty much sucks. Bought a 64F semi-auto .22 that failed to feed every few rounds. Sent it to Savage they didn't do squat- sent me a couple of extra mags and it still was junk. Every time I have had contact with customer service for any problem with any of their firearms they have never heard of that particular issue so you must be the only one on the planet with said issues. My 220F like many, many others drives tacks but cycles and ejects poorly with all ammunition . Of course Savage has not heard of all the failure to feed issues and the clunky- binding bolt action that is all over all the web- just ask customer service. I know- I know you're pushing a big 20 ga shell around but they did not get it right and they should be honest about the problems and fix them. By the way my 220F had a shipping date stamp in the box of Aug 2010. My step son bought a camo one that was made earlier and the bolt cycling is noticeably smoother than mine even after a good deal of polishing my bolt but still has ejection issues. Rem 2 3/4 Accutips shoot 1" at 100yds consistently in both guns using a Leupold 2.5X8 VariX III and VX3 on each respectively. We harvested 3 does this year with these 220's.