PDA

View Full Version : H-S Precisioin Savage 110 in .338 Lapua Magnum results

Kromset
01-30-2012, 12:51 PM
I purchased my 110 in .338 Lapua and 2 boxes of Hornady before I found the thread describing the Hornady brass issue. That’s 120 dollars down the drain and a very disappointing first trip to the range. Second trip went better rifle seemed very accurate but I was having scope zeroing issues. Third trip went very well and the rifle is very accurate. From an inexpensive rest at 100 yds I was able to get three shot groups that were grouping well under an inch with 250 grain HSM loaded boat tails. Out at 300 yds I was able to keep three shot groups under 4 inches, which I know is shooter issue. I still have less than 35 rounds through the rifle. I must say I am pretty pleased thus far. For what I have invested so far she is shooting very well.

taos
01-31-2012, 05:18 AM
Please keep us posted on its performance, I have an idea I am going to have to buy one!!

weewilly
01-31-2012, 11:27 AM
Where is the thread, about the Hornady ammo? I have a friend having problems ejecting cases and he is using Hornady Ammo. Thanks

Kromset
02-02-2012, 01:35 PM
If you perform a search for 338 lapua Hornady brass you will get links to several threads that talk about it in multiple sections. Sorry for the broad answer, but there were just too many threads to choose from. Just FYI, I have now shot PRVI Partisan ammo, HSM loaded with Starline Brass , and Double Tap loaded in Lapua Brass with Zero feeding or ejecting issues. (all factory loads)(no handloading YET)