PDA

View Full Version : Target build

1jonzmith
01-30-2012, 12:49 AM
I have purchased a Target Action from Jim at Northlander. I spoke with him for quite a while in placing the order and that was like going to school...relished every minute. Great guy.

So I am in the market for a match barrel. Heavy Varmint. Recommendations on manufacturer? The chamber will be 6.5 284, if that matters.

Thanks,

John

Boogeyman
01-30-2012, 01:33 AM
Hi! I just finished a 308 using a criterion barrel. In 25 years of shooting it is the best out of the box barrel I have ever seen. The barrel is lapped after bore drilling and again after rifling. I purchased it from Jim. Good luck and you won't be sorry.

psharon97
01-30-2012, 02:10 AM
What is your price range? There are several barrel manufacturers to go with: Douglas, Brux, Shilen, Criterion, Lothar Walther, McGowen, and the list goes on.
I personally have a Douglas in 308 chambered from SSS. That is one sweet shooting rig.

Dennis
01-30-2012, 06:15 AM
Sent you a PM, Dennis

cwop
01-30-2012, 09:19 AM
once again deal with jim he has gotton me 2 shilens at good prices.

bob

pdog06
01-30-2012, 09:20 AM
I have purchased a Target Action from Jim at Northlander. I spoke with him for quite a while in placing the order and that was like going to school...relished every minute. Great guy.

Jim???? Talk a while??? Not our Jim.......LOL Guess we shoulda warned ya about that..... But yes he is a great guy to talk to and deal with. Customer service doesnt get much better than when you deal with Jim!

You shoulda asked him about a barrel as well cause he carries Mcgowen, Criterion and Shilen barrels.