PDA

View Full Version : Pistol: Stevens 41 Tip Up Pistol

bootsmcguire
01-29-2012, 03:28 AM
Just got a turn of the century Stevens 41 "Tip Up" Pistol in 22 cal. (Short I think, it isn't marked). Looks to be in great shape for a used 100+ year old gun. It was all working when I received it, but after cocking the hammer a couple of times and letting it back down, the main spring cracked and broke. I need a replacement, does anybody know where to find one, a google seach didn't give me much, and Numerich was out of stock.

Any Ideas?

slumlord44
01-31-2012, 02:29 AM
They aren't that complex. I would think any good gunsmith could make one for you.

bootsmcguire
01-31-2012, 10:27 AM
No not too complex, and I had thought about going to a smith, but the only 1 I know of around here is one of those that just wants to work on Rem-chesters and just comes up with excuses as to why he "can't" work on anything else. The nearest 1 I know of is at least a 2 hour drive away, so I am just hoping to find 1 via internet to save 8 hours of driving (1 trip up and back to drop off and 1 trip up and back to pick up).

jonbearman
02-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Boots,can you show a pic of what it looks like.You can buy spring stock at brownells.

bootsmcguire
02-13-2012, 12:14 AM
Ill try and get a pic up tomorrow afternoon/evening, I don't want to have to risk the "sleeping monster" to get the camera. ;)