PDA

View Full Version : rum front baffle

mopar440
01-28-2012, 08:23 PM
i was wanting a pic of a rum front baffle with the notch was going to mod my edge to a repeater does any know where i could buy one i could not find it on brownells

ellobo
01-28-2012, 09:34 PM
If your talking about the baffle with a notch that fits a nub on the inside of the bold body they are probably not available anymore. You can use a current one by grinding off the nub in the bolt body. its commonly done.
El Lobo

KRP
01-29-2012, 03:17 AM
If your talking about the baffle with a notch that fits a nub on the inside of the bold body they are probably not available anymore. You can use a current one by grinding off the nub in the bolt body. its commonly done.
El Lobo

I believe he's talking about the front baffle used on the RUMs to extend the bolt throw. The baffle doesn't go into the bolt body, you're thinking of the bolt head.

All the RUM parts are out of production. Just notch a standard baffle where it hits the sear(bolt stop) so it can slide back farther. By "edge" you mean 338/300 RUM? If so both mine function as repeaters(~3.85" OAL) with standard unmodified front baffles. The center feed action does have the feed ramp notched though.

ellobo
01-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the correction KRP. Lesson learned and it will be archived.

El Lobo

mopar440
01-29-2012, 10:07 PM
i was wondering how big the notch was my load on the edge 3.910 right know which is a real deep throat i havent played with it back off the lands .060 seems a long way to jump still havent finished with load development

as far a repeater i was thinking off notching the baffle and cleaning up the rear mag opening of the action and moving the mag aft seems to be alot more meat in near the rear of the mag opening compared the to the front

KRP
01-29-2012, 11:48 PM
I opened the mag cut out in the action as far back as the baffle allows the bolt head to go on the staggered action. There is room to go a little farther I think without worry of getting too close to the rear action screw. With my rounds the bullets jump more than .060, you might be surprised by it.

geargrinder
01-30-2012, 01:26 AM
I don't know for sure but you may be able to use a front baffle from a push feed short action magnum. Here's a picture of one on the right.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/sharp-shooter/boltheadsnew.jpg