PDA

View Full Version : shipping a barrel

Pages : 1 [2]

Eric in NC
02-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Did the bottom two - I just did the finishing on the top gun (11 gauge smoothbore).

Good luck on the trade gun - sounds nice.

ellobo
02-01-2012, 05:57 PM
FYI, the top gun is a copy of what is known as the "Marshal" gun. Supposedly it was made by Albrecht, one of the early German emmigrant gunsmiths. The original is still in existance. The original is a rifle. The two you made were known as "shimmels" by the Germans which is a plain working rifle which is what the majority of the rifles made were. Nice engraving on the last one. E-mail me for more info if you like.

El Lobo

Smitherz24
01-18-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm not sure if I've missed it somewhere or I just haven't read the correct thread, but I'm wondering if I am sending out a barreled action if I need to go through someone that has an FFL? any info would be awesome, and thanks!

shovelheadave
01-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Barrel - no
Action - yes to FFL

stangfish
01-18-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm not sure if I've missed it somewhere or I just haven't read the correct thread, but I'm wondering if I am sending out a barreled action if I need to go through someone that has an FFL? any info would be awesome, and thanks!

If there is an action/reciever involved....Stripped, complete rifle or barreled action-Ship to an FFL for out of state transfers. In state at your own discretion. Any part that is not considered an action or a reciever, No FFL. AR 15's the lower is considered the reciever.

Smitherz24
01-19-2013, 12:49 AM
I want to send my barreled action to Jim at center shot...does he have an FFL? And what exactly do I need from him?
Thanks

stangfish
01-19-2013, 02:02 AM
If I am not mistaken he has a license as all gunsmiths do. If a buisness holds a action/reciever/rifle overnight, then it must be documented. It should be a direct ship and direct return. Here is a link to his contact page, ask him
...http://www.centershotrifles.com/contact/

ATF INFO
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/gunsmiths.html#underage-notification