PDA

View Full Version : New member with 2 Accustock questions. I will be ordering a model 11F in 7mm-08 next week, it will u

aeb60
01-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

aeb60
01-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Sorry about the last post trying to do this from my phone. I am ordering a model 11F in 7mm-08, it will be for hunting and targets out to 500 yards. Later the plan is to replace the barrel with a heavy varmit barrel. Will the accustock work with that barrel? Thanks

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ellobo
01-27-2012, 07:54 PM
You may have to open up the barrel channel in the stock by sanding it out with a large dowel and sandpaper but other than that it should be OK.

El Lobo

Axtell3
01-29-2012, 07:12 AM
Peronally, I'd go with a non acu stock model. You'll likely want to switch stocks when you switch barrels, and I 'm not sold on the accustock (after buying one)
My laminate and axis shoot better.

k80skeet
01-30-2012, 08:20 PM
I agree I not sold on the accu-stock either. By the LPR and it comes with a H&S stock far better than anything Savage makes.

txbdyguard
02-02-2012, 07:36 PM
I went the route of the Non-Accustock. Owned two and was not impressed. You get the smooth barrel nut that you either have to get a special tool to remove the nut or use a pipe wrench and replace the nut. The barrel lug I don't think can be changed out in an accustock. I took my model 16 and sold the barrel and stock and built my 7mm-08 from there. I paid $473 for a non accustock version. You buy accustock you are paying extra from the get go. Also if you go accustock there's a very good chance you will have the bottom bolt release which in my opinion is not a good option.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd456/txbdyguard/savage1.jpg

jonbearman
02-03-2012, 11:52 AM
If you plan on changing stocks then do not buy the crapustock.It is an orphan.Get the standard reciever with a tupperware stock to throw away so to speak and buy a bell&carlson or hs precision.If you buy the lrp model with the hs precision stock,then you may just leave it alone or only change out the barrel to upgrade.