PDA

View Full Version : Model 111 long range hunter

weewilly
01-25-2012, 07:45 PM
My son and a friend of his bought these in 338 Lapua. His friends would not eject the cases from factory rounds, his started out ejecting the case but after 30 or 40 rounds his started no ejecting. These are very easy to punch out with cleaning rod. Any one have a 338 Lapua that is having this problem? I told them to call Savage , but both are working every day and haven't had a chance to call during the time they are open.Thanks Bill

ellobo
01-26-2012, 02:20 AM
These are relatively new rifles and probably not that many ut there for people to comment on so best bet is to try to call Savage. First I would take the bolt out of the action and take a good look at the extractor-ejector system.

Probably not enough people with this relatively new rifle and caliber to see this problem. Take the bolt out of the rifle and check to see if the extractor is broken. If it is call Savage when you can for a repacement. Ask for Effie.

El Lobo

psharon97
01-26-2012, 03:36 AM
May need to lubricate the ejector. I use liquid graphite and that helped my problem.

stangfish
01-26-2012, 09:15 AM
May need to lubricate the ejector. I use liquid graphite and that helped my problem.

I agree. Are these the newer type (Push rather than Controled bolt head) extractor? If so, check to see if the extractor has been pushed out past the detent. In that case you could simply push it back into place. One mod is using a larger detent ball to stop that from happening.