PDA

View Full Version : Custom cut and crown

bsekf
01-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Which advertisers here custom cut and crown their pre-fit barrels? What is their approx. charge? Have had trouble getting several to answer my e-mail.

Thanks,

Bill

pdog06
01-25-2012, 10:01 PM
You mean , as in they do the smithing work themselves vs. being only a "go-between" between us and the barrel manufacturer?

SSS
Sin-Arms

bsekf
01-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Yes, all the prefit custom barrels seem to be 26 or 28 inch. I want a 21 3/4 inch barrel and would like to know which ones can cut and crown. Just seems like the most praticle way to go. I don't want to wait 6 months to get one from a manufacture.

Bill

pdog06
01-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Even though Northlander and a couple others doesnt do smithing work, you could always buy it and take it to a local gunsmith to shorten and re-crown it for you. Most will only charge $30-40 to do that. Just to give ya a couple more ideas.

SSS and Sinman do not have barrels ready made to ship. They are like any other smith, you order the barrel and then they make it to your specs. So if you want one quick the the option above may before the quickest.

mutwagn
01-26-2012, 07:56 PM
I have ordered custom length barrels from several vendors before, and most are more than willing to cut-n-crown to the length you want.
I have an ER Shaw that came 17" for a Striker. It's 358 Win. That was my last barrel ordered in custom length.
Andy