PDA

View Full Version : Superformance and the .220 Swift?

henry1
01-25-2012, 03:31 AM
Tell me what you know, I have searched a little and it sounds like when the powder first came out they tested a little on the swift and it was a flop....or maybe they didnt try as hard as they could have....i see the .22-250 really favors it! Thanks all!
Henry.

darkker
01-25-2012, 01:20 PM
By Hodgdon's site they don't list superformance in either the swift, or the 250...
By the burning rate it is awfully slow for those cases.
Between H4831 and 780Supreme.
Given the apparent "struggle" they have with Winchester about who is responsible for what, given their "new" ball powders comming out(Superformance, and CFE223) I suspect they are looking for alternatives to the Winchester powders.

When I talked to Hodgy last week and asked why they aren't supporting info for the Winny powders anymore; the answer was "That is Winchesters part of the deal". They don't seem to be interested in doing Winchesters job for them(can't blame them for that). However they are right next to Winny's powders burn rates, and still made by General Dynamics in Fl. The "copper cleaner" in CFE is what Win 748, 760 have had for decades already.

Guess I'm happy with a ball powder made in the US, one way or another.

henry1
01-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Very good info! Thanks so much! I can’t believe that their site doesn’t have info for the .22 250 using superform, it is in last year’s annual, not sure about this years though. I was sad to see the same if not better performance come from the 22 250 over the 220 with superform, at least that’s what the data in the magazine says... Good info on the winny powders i will have to keep that in mind if/when i decide to buy some more powder to try. Thanks again!
Henry.