PDA

View Full Version : Stevens 200 Value?

Pages : 1 [2]

stangfish
02-04-2012, 07:34 PM
As to the rumor that the steves 200 is not being made......savage came out with a whole new line of 200s in new calibers, guess they don't read internet rumers.

As for the 200s made with outa spec parts...........totally false, they are the old savage models pre accutrigger. Rather than junk the tooling, they continue to make the rifle in basic form with cheap stock as a value line. The better stocks go on the newer better line of rifles.

That was my statement and I believe that your assertion is probably the best I have heard. New employees old machinery and tooling. Good training ground. ;)

godale
02-04-2012, 08:13 PM
we dont have academy here but we do have dunhams. they were 249.00 last year at this time now they are 299.00. seems to be going price in my area.i too wish i would have picked up a couple last year too. after a busted bolt on my sons 710 he sort of took over my 110 270 cal. so i was in the market. i think we are keeping the 710 as a bolt orr lol

JesterGrin_1
02-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Yep I was wrong it was Feb or 2011 that they had the sale on them. I felt it was a great rifle to build from as the factory plastic stock moves around like a wet noodle lol. If I did not build the .358 Winchester I would have still purchased another stock for it and metal trigger guard.