PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Bedding, pillaring, contact points on a 93

ajlandis
01-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Anyone mess with bedding a 93? Bought one years ago when they were new (pre- E-reciever) and recently bought a boyds thumbhole (E-reciever inlet). Sanded barrel channel out to where the barrel will fit, but not sure how far to go. Doesn't seem like much area for the action to seat against the stock. Right now the large part of the barrel (before it steps down) is contacting the stock. I'm concerned it I float the entire barrel, there won't be enough mating surface between the action and stock to secruely hold the barreled action. Are pillars needed, or try to bed it? How has this worked out for you guys?

Smokey262
01-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Rimfire Central has some decent threads about this subject.

J.Baker
01-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Bedding a Savage rimfire is a real PITA due to everything bolting to the bottom of the action. More hassle than it's worth if you ask me.

ajlandis
01-24-2012, 10:45 PM
That's the impression I got while checking It out.

dksac2
01-25-2012, 09:55 PM
If you think they are hard to bed it's just because you have not bedded one before, I think they are among the easiest.
I just bed the sides and front and that's all they need to shoot. Mine is a Tac driver, you don't need full bedding between the trigger and mag well for them to shoot.

My Best, John K