PDA

View Full Version : first day at range with 110ba

gnappi
01-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Yesterday, I gave up on my M1A giving me the accuracy I need for a school I'm attending in a couple of weeks.

Today with the 110BA I used loads that wouldn't get more than 3-4 MOA with the M1.

I use a silhouette of a 2/3 sized black on white bowling pin as a target because the 100 yard county range nearby doesn't allow anything that resembles something alive (like people or animals) and the other reason I use it is because it closely follows the pathway of the human Central Nervous System... head, neck, chest :-)

Anyway, my first load was a 165 grain PSP with a starting load of 748 and after three zeroing shots EASILY kept all shots in the head, all under 1.5"... impressive.

I shot several 5 round strings and the shots started walking all over the page. The top rail was loose! There was a surprise. I would have thought Savage would locktite them down which I did tonight. Tomorrow I return with more ammo to continue load development. I am very impressed with this giant of a rifle.

Rlbol
01-19-2012, 10:00 PM
I have read a few other post on this model and most have noted lots of lose parts from the factory.
I generally pull apart every new gun check it, clean it and lube it before the first time out.
Good luck with it, looks like a fun gun!

Jamie
01-20-2012, 01:13 AM
None of the ones we have received in the shop had the rail attached. We have to put them on.

ellobo
01-20-2012, 02:04 AM
Jamie, if no-one else has them that means you must have them all. ::)

El Lobo

barrel-nut
01-20-2012, 04:33 AM
If your range won't allow you to use targets that resemble anything alive, try "zombie" targets. That should be interesting! ;)

gnappi
01-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Actually, they don't allow a standard B-27 target, because it has a body and head!!! Talk about idiots.. I took some B-27-s there, and even after turning them BACKWARD they wouldn't let me use it because they could still see the "HEAD" through the paper.

I had to rip off the "head" and paste only the head on the page.

I was dying for some moron to not let me use the bowling pin because it has a head and body :-)

Anyway, I'm going back to the range today.

barrel-nut
01-20-2012, 11:40 AM
My range has free photocopied pictures of Osama Bin Laden in the clubhouse. Rangemaster is a retired Marine. God bless the USA.