PDA

View Full Version : Scope base

oxbow
11-23-2009, 01:18 PM
I have a new Savage Model16 FHSAK .308

I have ordered a Burris Six X, the 50mm objective lens and 30mm tube, any suggestions for a base and rings.

Been looking on-line to long and "spinning my wheels" .....any suggestions.

Thanks.

tucker301
11-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Keep it in the family and go with the Burris Signature rings.
They will not leave ring marks and they're some of the best built rings you can find.
They also make quality bases, depending on what style you want.

Man Venture Outpost is where I've been buying a lot of my stuff lately.
I haven't seen anyone beating their prices.
http://www.manventureoutpost.com/

Smokepole
11-24-2009, 12:12 PM
If you're not interested in quick swapping scopes or the tacticool look, I highly recommend Dednutz's stuff. There's no need to lap and there's no scope marring. They're extremely light and have a good finish and excellent fasteners. There's less fasteners to loosen and less parts interfaces (just less parts). They are a little chunky looking, but only to the most discerning eyes.

oxbow
11-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks for both suggestions, very helpful.
I went with the dednutz one piece scope mount.
The model number was 34200.
After speaking with the manufacturer I was able to determine that a medium height base would fit rather than the high that I was going to order.

I tell you, getting the base rings mounts etc. has been pretty exhausting because any time I found something it was either out of stock or not sold at the store (includes online and local). They either have the ring and not the base vice versa...

I am sure they dednutz will be great and will just have to wait for it next week in the mail.