PDA

View Full Version : New 10FXP (.308) and new member

janizary
11-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Hello, all.

Over the weekend I picked up a new MDL 10FXP in .308. I've been lurking about and with the purchase decided to join up.

I purchased the Savage based on the incredible number of complimentary reviews on their rifles, and the associated 'bang for the buck'. Picked up the 10FXP at WM for $380. The included Bushnell 3-9X40 will get donated to my 10/22 and replaced with something with a bit more magnification and the included rings related to my son's air rifle, to be replaced with decent rings.

Glad to join such an active group.

tiny68
11-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Does yours have the AccuTrigger or not? Just curious. Welcome to the site. Tell us how it shoots. Consider getting it skim bedded if you are not satified with the out of the box accuracy or even a stock upgrade. All things for the future. Get some bullets on the paper and have fun. tiny

bluealtered
11-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Welcome aboard, it may take a little break in to get the groups you want, so just have fun and the groups will come to you.

janizary
11-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Does yours have the AccuTrigger or not? Just curious. Welcome to the site. Tell us how it shoots. Consider getting it skim bedded if you are not satified with the out of the box accuracy or even a stock upgrade. All things for the future. Get some bullets on the paper and have fun. tiny

Yep, it came with the accurtrigger. Quite pleased with that thus far. Nice for an OE solution.

ranrt1
02-22-2010, 11:01 AM
I just picked one up at Wallyworld for $384 (10 FXP .308 w/ Accutrigger), took it straight to the range to test 'out of the box' accuracy @ 100 yds. and after two adjustments on the direction to the right (elevation was spot on) she was dead center. Very impressed! Remington 150gr Core-Lokt was the ammo and by far the best bang for the 'Buck' ($17.97 box) and will knock em' down for a quick dirt nap, trust me :o Mounted Scope is a Bushnell Sharpshooter and gets decent reviews for FOV and low light ratings compared to other scopes 3x the price. Thought I would have to upgrade it, but not now.