PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Vs. HVT

darkker
01-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Asked this in another forum, but haven't gotten any replies.
Does anyone have first hand knowledge of these suppressors?

I'm not after test numbers, just individual tonal preferences. IE. does one sound higher/lower pitched to you?

Thanks

Ramdiesel
01-18-2012, 02:56 AM
Sorry. I don't have any first hand experience with either. But I did mail my form 4 out
today for my liberty freedom mag (300WM) I ordered it in the middle of November. I ordered a SWR Specter back In September
still haven't herd nothing.

Aircraftmech76
01-18-2012, 05:54 AM
While spendy, I think it would be worth your time to check out Thunderbeast Arms. I'm ordering their 30BA can based on what I've heard (or in this case-not heard). It's an unbelievable suppressor.

Kevin

darkker
01-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Ram,
Was gonna get down and fill out the forms within the month....
Not excited about the wait you are experiencing, but I guess it is motivation to start soon.
If the blizzard here in SE WA lifts I can head to see my dealer :-\

Ramdiesel
01-20-2012, 05:58 AM
LOL. Yeah hindsight its a killer. If your dealer don't have what you want.
Have him or you can call the manufacture too see how far behind on production they are.
I wanted a AAC Titan. I gave AAC a call. The guy told me 6 to 8 weeks out.
That's just too make them. So 2 months, then 3 to 4 months to my dealer. Then 2 to 4 months
for your stamp. I should have got into another hobby. Maybe knitting or something.
There's some good websites out there with tons of info.
Good luck

darkker
01-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks again RAM.
Fortunately for me the dealer is sitting on a couple Gemtec's, Phantoms, AND Surefires!!

Hersh5317
01-20-2012, 11:28 PM
No HVT experience, but I do have a Phantom 5.56. I like it a lot. .223 sounds like 22LR high velocity, it isn't the heaviest out there, and is priced nicely. There are much better out there, but if your biggest concern is just to knock out the pain of muzzle blast on unprotected ears, it works. I have no problem recommending YHM cans.

Ring31
02-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Then 2 to 4 months
for your stamp.

lol.. try 5 to 6moths now :(