PDA

View Full Version : 260 rem results

Pages : 1 [2]

VA Bigbore
03-01-2012, 07:37 PM
I also bought the .260 Rem barrel kit from Midway. But mounted mine on a short action. I haven't had much time to work with it yet, but found H4831 worked well with it. My bullets of choice for it at the time was 140gr Sierra GK. These bullets shoot awesome in my Ruger M77 Mk II with a happy load of H4831. I haven't found a great load for the kit barrel yet but have found several that brought in respectable 1.5" or less groups at 100 yds. I have found that this barrel is a bit rough inside and does copper foul fairly quickly. Hopefully this will smooth out fairly soon and do better as my load development with it progresses. As an aside, also picked up an A&B 25-06 barrel at Midway while they where closing them out. I am very happy with it as well and can get 1" or less groups with it fairly easily with both H4350 or H4831.

cooker900
03-26-2012, 04:09 PM
got my load
120gr nosler ballistic tip
46.5gr H4831sc
win lg rifle primer
COAL 2.790

shooting a .598 3 shot group @ 100yd
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy158/cooker300/260load.jpg

frank1947
03-28-2012, 08:25 PM
how are you resting your gun when shooting these 1 inch and larger groups are you shooting off hand a 260 should be shooting 1/2 moa or less at 100 and 200 yards, a 260 off a poor rest should be at least 1 inch at 100 yards for 5 shots, a buddy of mine had ER Shaw put a barrel on his 270 and hes not happy at all, I no nothing about ER shaw barrels, but my factory savage model 12 in 260 is .3 and 4 moa to 200 so far

cooker900
04-05-2012, 08:45 PM
for the 1" groups a caldwel zero max

for the .5 bags of cat litter

frank1947
04-06-2012, 08:58 AM
if I think about it later I will try to post my target from last time out a wk ao and if I can figure out how to upload picture on here. you should think about learning to bed your stock it is very easy to do, even just bedding recoil lug will help a bunch, go to brownells and but some arcaglass in the gel easier mixing 1 to 1 and spreads nice it come with release agent, then buy a box of clay from there also or you can use play doe, spread realese agent with a cotton swap (Q Tip) all over barrel , and put a piece of masking tape on front of recoil lug and trim excess off, spread release agent on rest of recoil lug and back over the first action screw, put tape and release agent on the stock in front of recoil lug, all that release agent should go half way up the action area just a little past half way , just past were your action sets above stock, fill action hole with clay on the stock and on the action or you can use you action screws but dip them in release agent now now fill the hole where the recoil lug goes in 3/4 way up with your mixture of arcaglass, use c- clamp or action screws and snug action down in stock the acraglass will ozze out the top maybe, so line the top of your stock with tape also, let it cure 10 hours or better, if done right you will need to hit the bottom of barrel on the arm of a sofa or something soft and stable to get it apart, if you did real good youll have to really give several good wacks, and it will come out, now you will have least amount of movement from shot to shot, some serious competition shooters just permently glue their action in the stock for good, assureing no movement, once you feel comfortable you can do the rest of the gun, to do action screw area all the way back you have to take out trigger that easy also, there are video's on line that can help but i have never seen one that really does it well for a new person to understand.