PDA

View Full Version : Hard Bolt Lift

longtimeshooter
01-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the bolt lift info! could someone explain what a Kevin Rayhills lift kit is.

pdog06
01-16-2012, 09:21 AM
It is a pc of metal with a hole in it where a single ball bearing will ride. Basically you remove the rear bolt assembly screw, install the lift kit, and reinstall the bolt assembly screw. IMO you should also shorten the BAS by the thickness of the lift kit so there isnt any more spring pressure(usually nds shortened about .112"). What this does is provide a single point of contact(the ball bearing) for the bolt to cock against, which in turn is supposed to lighten the bolt lift.

From my experience with the 10 or so that I have installed(all w/a shortened BAS) the difference in bolt lift was so minimal it was very hard to tell the difference, and some you couldnt tell at all. That being said I still have them in every gun just cause i want every little bit i can out of it.

The 2 best ways I have found to lighten the bolt lift are these:
- have SSS time&true the action(this will also show the most results)(a HUGE difference)
- use the heck out of the action to wear it in(this helps alot with a new action)

longtimeshooter
01-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the reply.