PDA

View Full Version : re-chambering 110 fcp or 110 ba for .338 lapua improved

300ultramag
01-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Guys: i have been googling this issue for some time and can't find out if anyone has converted the 110 FCP .338 lapua or the BA model in 338 Lapua to feed the improved version.This would really wake up this cartridge,the O.A.L. is the same,and reading Accurate mag's web site who make the bottom metal and mags for these [2] models of the savages,the only issue i see is a stiffening rib on the sides of the mag about where the improved shoulder would be,but a guy could dremel out the rib.i have also left a message at Accurate mag. to see if they have heard of anyone trying this.Of all the improved versions of various cartridges this one gives great returns 150-200 FPS and a much longer lasting case

300magman
01-15-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm glad you asked this question...I hadn't even thought that it would be an issue; I have been planning a 338 lapua improved myself.

If you do resort to the dremel, you should put up a few pics of the finished product ;-)

300ultramag
01-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Well i have spoken to a very reputable gunsmith up here in Canada who builds hundreds of .338 lapua imp. rifles and he told me they have tried everything to get the Savage to feed the improved case but did not have much success. :( and i don't really want to end up having a single shot!!