PDA

View Full Version : Help with center feed magazine

hawkeye10
01-12-2012, 03:34 PM
I have a Savage model 12 with a center feed magazine and want to install a single shot adapter but can't get the magazine out. I need some good advice. Don

TORCHRIDER
01-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Hawkeye,

The magazine you have is in the stock, correct? If so, you should be able to take a small flatblade screwdriver and carefully pry between the L clip and magazine at the rear until the mag pops out of the stock. Just go slow and easy.

hawkeye10
01-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Hawkeye,

The magazine you have is in the stock, correct? If so, you should be able to take a small flatblade screwdriver and carefully pry between the L clip and magazine at the rear until the mag pops out of the stock. Just go slow and easy.

Thanks Torchrider; That worked and I got my adapter installed. Don

PS I bought my adapter from Sharp Shooters Supply. It is very well made and seem like nice people to buy from.

TORCHRIDER
01-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Good to hear. The folks at SSS are good. I use one of their triggers and it works real well.

GaCop
01-13-2012, 07:14 AM
Occassionally, the single shot adapter may have to be epoxied in place. I ran into that recently on my 7mm-08 while shooting some warm 162 grain loads The recoil was causing the adaptor to fall into the empty mag well of my Duramaxx stock. Some quick set epoxy dabbed onto the rear of the degreased adaptor and underside of the action fixed the problem.

TORCHRIDER
01-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Occassionally, the single shot adapter may have to be epoxied in place. I ran into that recently on my 7mm-08 while shooting some warm 162 grain loads The recoil was causing the adaptor to fall into the empty mag well of my Duramaxx stock. Some quick set epoxy dabbed onto the rear of the degreased adaptor and underside of the action fixed the problem.

You mean the spring and follower did not keep it in place?

GaCop
01-14-2012, 06:27 AM

You mean the spring and follower did not keep it in place?

I'm using mine as a single shot in a Duramaxx stock which not cut for the centerfeed magazine.