PDA

View Full Version : Manners Stocks Customer Service

mugsie
01-12-2012, 09:44 AM
All too often people post, myself included, when there are problems. It isn't too often people post extolling the virtues of a company. Sure, some post as a response saying they had good service etc., but not often as the main post. I hope to change that.

A while ago I purchased a Manners T4 stock from Stockeys. When it arrived, I immediately set to bedding my reciever. I had done several before without problems, but for whatever reason this time I bedded it slightly higher and the feeding didn't work correctly (I was feeding 6mm BR from a DBM). I started checking several areas, started sanding down some of the bedding, measuring bottom metal etc and in the process "discovered" my bottom metal didn't sit flush. I immediatly thought that was the problem and called Manners. To my surprise, Tom Manners answered the phone, spoke at length with me, and offered to take the stock back and mic it out. I truly felt he was concerned only about my problem. I really felt I was being given special attention and not just placated. Tom was truly concerned. He emailed me a shipper and I sent it out UPS on his nickle.

I received a call from him after they recieved it asking if I could send the bottom metal, mag and a few dummy rounds (Stupid me should have done that in the first place). to make a long story short - Tom spent a lot of time on my stock. The problem was me and not Manners, yet he fixed it. He mated the bottom metal and mag and verified loading. He milled, trimmed, scrunched, and basically made what was my problem and the bottom metal casting problems his problem and fixed it all. I offered to pay for the effort, heck, it was me that screwed it up in the first place, yet he refused. When I received my stock back it was as though everything was custom fit.

I can't say enough about Tom Manners and his company. I can tell you my setup works as it should, loading 6 BR flawlessly from a DBM, and the T4 stock is fantastic. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. I own several other aftermarket stocks, but this Manners is by far the best in feel for me. I can honestly say, on my next build, which I hope to be over the summer, it too will sport a Manners stock (one which I will bed correctly this time!).

Thank you Tom Manners for a great stock and fantastic customer service.

Mugsie

Nor Cal Mikie
01-12-2012, 10:29 AM
The old saying: "If you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all".
Good to hear "Positive" feed back for once. You did good! 8) 8)

slurpin dog
01-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Good to here that they offer such good customer service. I ordered a T4 midnight, cdi dbm inlletted from Manners just yesterday. What dbm andfinish did you get on your stock? ron

mugsie
01-12-2012, 11:29 AM
I had the Coyote Tan. I'm using a DBM set up for the 6mm BR. The short rounds have a little problem feeding correctly all the time (forgettabout ejecting - that's another story altogether!) but last night I loaded up a bunch of 105g Berger VLDs and they functioned perfectly. I'm hoping to take this out to 300 yards in a week or two, but at the moment it's only 100 yards at my local range.

Seriously - you won't be disappointed with the T4. It's a great stock. What are you putting it on?

BoilerUP
01-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Manners stocks are pricey...but they do good work and Tom stands behind his product. I've got a T2 on my 10FP and another T2 on order for a 110 long action (though I think I may change that to a T3).

You feeding that 6BR out of 223 or 308 magazines?

romulus
01-13-2012, 02:30 AM
I'm definitely considering manners for my Sav LAs now. I get tired of people like BC and others not listening, responding, or having any sense of customer service. The good guys should get success.

slurpin dog
01-13-2012, 08:33 AM
I had the Coyote Tan. I'm using a DBM set up for the 6mm BR. The short rounds have a little problem feeding correctly all the time (forgettabout ejecting - that's another story altogether!) but last night I loaded up a bunch of 105g Berger VLDs and they functioned perfectly. I'm hoping to take this out to 300 yards in a week or two, but at the moment it's only 100 yards at my local range.

Seriously - you won't be disappointed with the T4. It's a great stock. What are you putting it on?

Kreiger ss 28'" barrel chambered in 6cm on a savage ss short action. Ron
Just noticed your from Pa., You probably know who the smith is.