PDA

View Full Version : called in a pair

calib
01-12-2012, 02:25 AM
went out this afternoon and did some calling on a new piece of property that i got. i called to the north and didnt like the set up so i left it and was walking back to the truck and heard a few male howls to the south about 800 yards or so. i decided to go and try to find the coyote. walking south about 300 yards into this field i find a pit and sit on the rim of it. i look through the bino's dont see anything so i let out a few howls then look around with the bino's again, nothing. this time i do a serenade then look around again and i see two coyotes about 600 yards or so. i loose them for a while so i give out just a short and soft rabbit call, then look around and nothing. finally i give out just a couple howls and then look around and i see two coyotes comming straight at me from about 300 yards away. they come in and stop at 210 yards and the female was starting to get spooked. i dont know if she smelled me or what, but she wasnt having it, so when she turned and started walking away i drop the male and she tears ass out of there. i bark a few times and stop her at about 300, shoot and miss. long story short i end up finding out my gun was off 4" at 100 yards, so i corrected that and hopefully tomorrow it pays off

andy221
01-12-2012, 02:53 AM
that sounds like it was fun. I just started coyote hunting and haven't had any luck yet, cant wait. What cartridge are you using? well good luck tomorrow.

calib
01-13-2012, 12:48 AM
i was using a 243ai with 70 grn ballistic tips on this hunt