PDA

View Full Version : What will Savage do if...

Galveston22
11-21-2009, 08:48 PM
I have a 10FP that is currently at the gun store I bought it at getting checked by a smith to see why I only have 2.5" of windage left when zeroed. I had some trouble when installing the EGW 20moa base, so its got to either be the base or the actual receiver holes, not the scope or rings. I'm hoping that the base is the culprit. My question is what happens if its a defect in the rifle? It is less that a year old, so its covered under warranty, but I had a muzzle brake installed and it is timed. If it needs a new receiver, chances are the brake won't line up and if its the barrel, then I guess I would have to have the brake reinstalled on the new barrel. My other question is lets say its the barrel, would Savage let me change calibers to .223? If its the barrel, could I ask them to install a comp. recoil lug? Looking forward to some responses.

fatdaddy
11-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi, Chances are its the action is a bit warped. Its a very common problem. I have 1 out of 4 that is warped. The standard cure is the use of burris signature zee scope rings. They have adjustable inserts that allow you to center the scope. I dont know what savage will do for you. Bill

Slowpoke Slim
11-21-2009, 09:53 PM
I would call Savage and see what they tell you. If it ends up being the rifle (more than likely it is), they will probably just offer you another one-minus the brake.

If you want to keep it, and can't stand the idea of the Burris option, give Fred at SSS a call, I'm told he does a good job of straightening them.

I would just use the Burris signature rings and be done with it...

???

Galveston22
11-22-2009, 07:02 PM
I really dont want to shim it. I'd like it fixed right while its still under warranty. This will help maintain its value in the long run.

oldguy
11-22-2009, 11:03 PM
I really dont want to shim it. I'd like it fixed right while its still under warranty. This will help maintain its value in the long run.

Ship it back, I just went through this with my model 12BTVS, spent bucks trying to fix with various mounts,
Burris signature rings, windage adjustable base after 10 months(? why) I returned it Savage replaced barrel
and now it's fine, first range visit took only 3 rounds to sight in fired 3 groups averaged .500.