PDA

View Full Version : Hog Hunting/Louisiana Texas

Dennis
01-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Anyone know of places to go Hog Hunting in Louisiana or Texas? Reasonable :)

Balljoint
01-10-2012, 12:01 AM
They should PAY YOU to hog hunt

MaDa
01-10-2012, 12:41 AM

I agree. I don't however think that this is the case. Once they figured they can't BBQ out of the pig problem they must have figured they might as well make a buck.

Dennis
01-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Really, they use to invite you for free just to kill the Hogs, not true anymore.

But I am looking for a place to hunt, hopefully someone has an idea!

GaCop
01-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Really, they use to invite you for free just to kill the Hogs, not true anymore.

But I am looking for a place to hunt, hopefully someone has an idea!

I too have been wondering the same thing.

Dennis
01-18-2012, 11:18 AM
I know there places out there, we just need to find the right contact!

Dennis

bill2260
01-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Choose an area of texas, google their dnr or local extension office and give them a call. Chances are, there are still some ranches that would appreciate your interest. Bill

Dennis
01-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Sounds like a plan!

Dennis

Conaso
01-19-2012, 08:05 PM
I read a comment once that if Louisiana wanted to get rid of nuisance animals all they had to do is either to ban hunting them and say they're on the endangered species list or only allow a one week season... the Cajuns will do the rest to eliminate them and identify more than two dozen ways to cook them. ::)

Apache
01-20-2012, 01:00 AM
I read a comment once that if Louisiana wanted to get rid of nuisance animals all they had to do is either to ban hunting them and say they're on the endangered species list or only allow a one week season... the Cajuns will do the rest to eliminate them and identify more than two dozen ways to cook them. ::)

You forgot to say: "they can't be hunted at night" and "they're good in gumbo" ;)

fivesomewhere
01-21-2012, 11:14 PM
8)

cooker900
02-08-2012, 09:36 PM
sounds kinda crazy but when i went to tennessee hunting them i just put in hog hunting for 500 dollars in tennessee and it came up with a bunch of places

Dennis
02-09-2012, 12:18 PM
I read a comment once that if Louisiana wanted to get rid of nuisance animals all they had to do is either to ban hunting them and say they're on the endangered species list or only allow a one week season... the Cajuns will do the rest to eliminate them and identify more than two dozen ways to cook them.

Only problem: the hogs are mostly showing up in central to north Louisiana, Mostly!

All the cajuns live below Interstate 10 (South Louisiana)

Tarleton_Texan
03-18-2012, 10:59 PM
Did anybody ever find a place to hunt? If so how did the hunt go?

Dennis
03-19-2012, 03:13 AM
I have a couple of standing invitations to go to Texas! Nothing in Louisiana!

piroguejoe
04-17-2012, 09:50 AM
I have a couple of standing invitations to go to Texas! Nothing in Louisiana!

Sounds about right. Lived in central LA for several years and there are tons of hogs. The problem is gaining access to get to em. Landowners just ain't having it.

Dennis
04-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Louisiana land owners are "scared" of law suites!

Louisiana Law!

87predator
04-17-2012, 01:30 PM

I agree. I don't however think that this is the case. Once they figured they can't BBQ out of the pig problem they must have figured they might as well make a buck.

True, especially after seeing the destruction they can do first hand. But I think some of them even release some to keep population up so they can make money. Was in Colorado at the folks two Weeks ago and their neighbor was letting his run the creek bottom if they get out, well guess it will be pork chops for dinner. ;D

rcinit
05-14-2012, 07:12 PM
There's lots of places that charge to hunt pigs in Texas. Day hunts, night hunts pick you're posion. Night hunts with Night vision equipment. Spot and stalk, hunt over feeders etc.... It all depends on how much money you want to spend. As for me, I've been lucky enough to find places to hunt for free. Never hot a hog off of any of those places but there's pig sign everywhere. Not to mention everytime I've gone at least one of the guys I went with shot a hog. I've always been able to take a coyote or at least a fox off'em at least.