PDA

View Full Version : Model 10 FPSR in B&C A2 bedding question

okangshooter
01-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Hi all, I'm new here and have a bedding question. The rear action screw goes through the rear bedding block, There is a stainless steel tab that releases the magazine box. It sets in a valley between the two curved surfaces of the rear bedding block. The magazine box is removed and the stainless tab is still attached to the block. My action rests on it as there are wear marks on both the action and the tab. Can this be bedded over? In this pic the magazine is still installed but you can see the piec I'm speaking of.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v42/keyman/CIMG2849.jpg

I have filled the magazine recess with styrofoam and modeling clay flush with the surface of this piece. I planned to bed the the rear edge of this bedding block.

okangshooter
01-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Hello? No one has any experience with this stock and glass bedding?

Quickshot
01-09-2012, 10:06 PM
I have no experience with that particular stock but I personally do not like any bedding material between the reciever and the aluminum block or metal pillar. I want my reciever making contact with that block, let the bedding fill-in up the sides. In the case of what I see there, I would not cover that clip. It may have a little spring tension to it so I would draw the action down on it snug when bedding. As always, float the tang. Good luck! Quick

okangshooter
01-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Thank you.