PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Mark II TR w/ Tactical Solutions Cascade Suppressor = worth it?

RCSavager
01-08-2012, 12:20 PM
There is a local shop that has one of these brand new already threaded with this suppressor already mounted. Scope rail is included but no scope or bipod. Five-round magazine, 'tactical' stock, heavy barrel, accu-trigger. I don't know much about the Mark II TR model but I must say that $499 is pretty tempting. Anybody feel like that's too much? $499 + $200/tax = $700 + tax = ~$800.

Hard call and could use some educated guidance of these two products. As you can see in my sig I already have something bigger but the wife thinks it's cute. /sigh

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/lJhhOrOHP14oAInNlmBNMdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=d irectlink

BoilerUP
01-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Savage Mark II TR (Tacticool stock, Accutrigger, non-threaded long barrel): $403 from Bud's Gun Shop
Tactical Solutions Cascade 22LR aluminum suppressor: $275 from Shooter's Discount

If you can get both for $499, I'd say that's a great deal. Of course you'll have a 4-6 month wait for the Form 4 to come back...

For comparison's sake, a local gun shop has a FV-SR with Huntertown Arms Guardian 22 suppressor for $499. I picked the FV-SR up off Bud's on New Years Eve for $199 (screaming deal), paid $20 to transfer it, and will likely start the process for a Huntertown Guardian can this week. When everything settles out with taxes, I'll end up saving about $95 over the LGS package.

RCSavager
01-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Interesting...

I've got a 4.5x16x40 I can put on something small like that. I've talked with the wife about it and it does seem like a decent deal. We're not sure the tax is worth the can but the gun sure seems to be worth it's coin. It actually looks like a smaller version of my .308 FCP Choate. I think we've decided to just buy a TR when I find one and invest in a decent can that can last us a nice long time and be worth the coin given to the ATF for it. I see that most 22LR cans run around $400 but we're thinking of moving from Arizona to Nebraska and we're not sure if they play nice with suppressors. For us, it seems we'd be smart to get the gun if we really want it and worry about suppression down the road in our new home.

Thanks for the feedback.