PDA

View Full Version : What 6mmAI Neck dies to buy?

Ramdiesel
01-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Hey guys. I’ve bought the redding body bump die. Now I need a neck die. Do I buy the bushing type or the regular neck die? Also will one die work for the other. Can I buy the Ackley die and use it to neck size the regular 6mm case or vice versa.
Thanks

gotcha
01-09-2012, 12:27 AM
Ram, You might want to consider the Lee 6mm Rem neck collet die. It requires no lube. Gives excellent concentricity & works for 6 Rem & 6 Rem AI. At a fraction of the cost of a bushing die. The Lee collet also affords some control over neck tension but less than you can get from the bushing type neck sizer. If you decide to go this way, PM me & I'll give you some tips on it's use. The Lee gives me great concentricity on my 6mm AI ;)

tiny68
01-10-2012, 01:49 AM
I have both the Redding F/L S-type sizer and the Redding S-type neck sizer. Both work great. However they are pricey. I have heard good things about the Lee collet and will likely get one to try for my standard 6mm Rem soon.

Luck, Tim

TOO Builder
01-10-2012, 09:56 PM
I have found the Lee collet neck dies to work very well also. I use the standard caliber collet neck die on both my .223AI and 6.5x55AI. Works fine. I pair them up with the Redding body die when I need to bump the shoulder. I've been thiniking 6mmRemAI for my next build and that is the die combo I will go with for it.

wbm
01-10-2012, 10:07 PM
I would definitely go with the Lee first.

GaCop
01-11-2012, 07:37 AM
Ram, You might want to consider the Lee 6mm Rem neck collet die. It requires no lube. Gives excellent concentricity & works for 6 Rem & 6 Rem AI. At a fraction of the cost of a bushing die. The Lee collet also affords some control over neck tension but less than you can get from the bushing type neck sizer. If you decide to go this way, PM me & I'll give you some tips on it's use. The Lee gives me great concentricity on my 6mm AI ;)

+1, works extremely well with my 223 AI and 7mm-08 too.

Ramdiesel
01-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Thanks guys