PDA

View Full Version : Any experience loading/reloading PMC brass?

thomae
01-08-2012, 08:49 AM
I posted what looks like a good deal on 6.5x55 PMC brass in the Hot Deals Around the Web section
http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,47257.0.html,
but before I spring for a big box, I was wondering if anyone here had any personal experience with PMC brass. I won't be competing at 1000 yards, but would be using this for hunting and punching paper.

A similar question was asked in last year with no responses that I could find.

is the pmc brass decent to reload with?.

[color=purple][size=8pt]
So...if anyone has anything constructive to say about PMC brass, I'd appreciate hearing about it.
Thanks again
Thomae

Mudcat
01-08-2012, 09:36 AM
I have only used once fired PMC in .223 picked up off the range. The primers seem to be slightly crimped and I tun them through my RCBS primer pocket swedger to make them take the primers easier. As far as durability it seems to last as well as anything else I have used no noticeable complaints. Now as far as consistency I cannot comment as I only run it through my AR and not as precision rounds.
Sorry that all of the info I can give.

Blue Avenger
01-08-2012, 10:34 AM
I have had no trouble reloading it.

Terry Balding
01-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Good accuracy in my .270.

Wildboarem
01-08-2012, 12:14 PM
I've loaded a couple 1000 rds of PMC in .223. I've loaded it for just plinkers, to varmint, to more match type loads. I have no issue with it. I did see a comparison on one of the sites. Compared all the major man. Lapua, LC, Win, PMC etc. for weight tolerances and such. PMC seemed to be in the middle of the pack. I have noticed that some come from the factory annealed without being repolished so it just looks different than the rest. Shouldn't have any problem loading with it.

243LPR
01-08-2012, 08:10 PM
I have a large shoebox full of 223 PMC empties.This is the only brass I run through my AR's in 3 years and have yet to have a problem.It all goes through the vib. tumbler before loading and cleans up real nice.

thomae
01-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Thanks everyone. Appreciate you folks taking the time to respond.
All the best.

John Model 10
01-12-2012, 01:38 AM
I'll "+1" to the comments of the other posters. I've used it in several calibers, including 6.5x55 and not had any trouble with it. As a matter of fact, I prefer it over some other brands and have found it easy to work with and trouble free, so far.