PDA

View Full Version : Left Hand Bolt Release

Appleseed
01-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Have a stock, rough finish, that is inletted but needs fitting with a left hand action. Since the action is being t&t'd, only have a right hand to work with.

A left hand action, which side is the bolt release on? If it is on the right, can start fitting.

Nor Cal Mikie
01-07-2012, 12:14 PM
The right and left hand actions are exactly the same except for the bolt handle cut. Been there, done that.
Ordered up a stock, right hand shooter, left hand action inlet. (per their listing)Got a stock with the bolt release lever inlet cut on the left side. ??? And on top of that, the stock was cut for a left hand shooter. ::) DUH?? Tried to explain it to the stock cutter but never could get it to sink in. :(
Just built a right hand thumbhole rifle with a left hand action. I love it! ;D Seems natural. Wasn't doing anything with my left hand anyway. ;)

82boy
01-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Savage only has 2 styles of bolt release the flag style, wich has been on the design from the begining and it is only on the right side, the other is in the newer accu-stock guns they reloacated it into the trigger guard. If you want a left handed bolt release either you will have to custom make one, or live with the trigger guard style, wich interfeers with aftermarket triggers.

Nor Cal Mikie
01-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Patrick mentioned the "newer" style Accu Stock steup. I was thinking of the older style Model 10 and 12s. Hadn't considered the newer stock rigs. :-[

Appleseed
01-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Don't need anything changed, it is in the shop for t&t and couldn't remember which side it was on.

This is a non-designated 10 series action from the custom shop, left bolt/left port, small shank. Will wait to cut the bolt inlet.

Now...can get started fitting the action/stock of the pistol project! Got the sights last week from the factory, cut the barrel, getting closer.