02-01-2012, 07:10 PM
when you select Savage rifles at Guns America
the American rifle from Ruger is on 1st page
when the designer of P T Cruiser left Mopar
& joined GM the HHR was the result
very simular looking cars

skoger
02-04-2012, 11:44 AM
It has a reciol lug, like a tikka, or the savage Axis, identical. Ruger took the good parts of several different rifles, and came up with this one. Should be a shooter watched video on it, 1 inch, factory ammo. I have always like ruger rifles, and guns in general from a gunsmith point of view. 99% of the ruger 77MK11's, SS that I have shot, will shot MOA at 100 yds with good factory ammo and scope, 3 shot groups out of the box. I think they have the best scope mounting system out there. I have zero'ed hundreds of them, bedded and floated and did trigger jobs on at least 120 of them, and they can be scary accurate, with sporter barrels. You can get a lemon in anything, but in my experience, they are few and far between with Rugers. I have had the same luck with Savages, never had one that did not shoot great, all the way back to the 70's. The barrel nut idea is just too sweet to not use, easy perfect headspace and saves time on the production line, which is money! JMHO. Sam.

dacaur
02-04-2012, 07:53 PM
If you look at different parts of any rifle or handgun out there, with few exceptions you can see that each part is the same as some other gun. Same with cars, look at the full size truck segment....