PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning brass with stainless media

Scalian
01-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Picked up one of the tumblers and stainless media to clean my brass. Wow does this ever work good. Makes me want to throw the ultrasonic and vib cleaners out the window. It comes out so clean and shiny it makes me want to take the primers out of the brass i have ready to load and polish it up. Finally something that works like they say it does.

Blue Avenger
01-05-2012, 11:24 PM
GOOD TO KNOW!

GaCop
01-06-2012, 07:50 AM
What tumbler are you using with the SS media?

Scalian
01-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Enlarge ImageClick to Zoom
Thumler's Tumbler Model B High Speed Rotary Case Tumbler 110 Volt

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/426185/thumlers-tumbler-model-b-high-speed-rotary-case-tumbler-110-volt?cm_vc=3143BrandPopProd

Nor Cal Mikie
01-06-2012, 11:14 AM
One of the best Tumblers going. ;) Extended run time (over 2 or 3 hours) will have the SS media start working on the brass. You may end up with "gold" (brass) in the wash water mix. :o Don't run it any longer than you have to. The wash will end up looking like metalic paint. ??? (been there, done that) Short runs times and often are the best to keep your brass looking good. ;D

Apache
01-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Good to know! I just got one myself, waiting for it to be delivered.

Aircraftmech76
01-06-2012, 06:33 PM
I've got one as well. I modified, slightly, the amount of soap used though. Instead of the 1-2 TBSP as described by STM, I just use one TSP of Dawn dish soap. My water still comes out soapy, the brass looks just as good, and it doesn't take as long to get the soapy water separated from the brass. I still use the same amount of Lemi-Shine. I also don't see the need to tumble for more than two hours.

Kevin