PDA

View Full Version : value?

lrpv-shooter
01-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Savage, PTA right bolt right port on a factory lrpv HS stock with 26" 22 ppc barrel.
With a mix match bolt.
What would it be worth, aka what should I offer?

lrpv-shooter
01-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Could use some help here

earl39
01-06-2012, 05:12 PM
If you do like i do you would offer less than you are willing to pay so you have some wiggle room to appear to be paying more than you think it is worth. Or you could just pay what they are asking if you are desperate to get the rifle. It is used it is mismatched and you have no history or round count to go with it so no way anyone can give a price plus no picture of it to look at. In other words you are buying the action and stock with a barrel attached.

82boy
01-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Savage, PTA right bolt right port on a factory lrpv HS stock with 26" 22 ppc barrel.
With a mix match bolt.
What would it be worth, aka what should I offer?

Well there is still some information needed, what brand of barrel what is the round count?
Jim Briggs sells new target actions for $505 plus shipping. Barrels are hard to value if it has more that 600 rounds I dont consider it into the price, or price it at $150. (If its a krieger or top notch cut rifled barrel.) I personly dont add any value to aftermarket add on to the action such as T&T, triggers ETC, I also am not worried about round count on an action, or miss matched parts as long as the gun is functional. Jim Briggs gets between $325 and $385 new for that stock depending on options. With that said if you was to buy the action and stock you would be at $890, and then you would have barrel cost involved. Jim Briggs is selling new LRP (Basicly the same gun.) for $875.00. Me personaly, I would offer him $600 for everything and might go as high as $675 to $700 depending on barrel.

lrpv-shooter
01-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Thanks guys, might see, he is asking 1300 and I told him he was crazy

pdog06
01-06-2012, 08:01 PM
In the used market here is what I have seen the stuff sell for:

that stock sells for about $225
the action sells for about $450

So you are at $675 without the barrel. Like mentioned above, the barrel is hard to tell the value without know much more about it. It could be worth anywheres from $150-400.

No matter what the barrel is, it is not worth near what he is asking(based on the info given). You can buy a used LRPV for around $750 with a low round count, so I wouldnt go any higher than that.