PDA

View Full Version : Burris Signature Zee Rings?

Pages : 1 [2]

barrel-nut
01-20-2012, 06:25 PM
The Burris Extreme rings they are refering to are not Signature rings and don't have the inserts.
Charlie

This is correct.

However, I have three sets of XTR's. I love them. Much better than the Weaver tactical rings. A LIGHT lapping prior to mounting should remove any irregularities, but I did not even feel the need to do this with mine.

The reason I went with these is, that my goal is to have a set on every scope I own, so that scope swapping no longer involves removing it from the rings (and scratching it up), but merely backing off the two 1/2" nuts on the bases, swapping, and retightening. Less than a minute and no damage to the scope. Btw, those 1/2" mounting bolts are SOLID on the Burris rings. The Weaver tactical rings also use 1/2" nuts, but on a 1/8" stud!!?!! I expect these to strip very quickly.

ajlandis
01-21-2012, 11:46 AM
I did lap the x-treme rings. I consider that an essential step to any install that don't use signatures. There was a lot of material removed to get everything even. Ideally, they would've lapped evenly from the first moment, but since it's a process I do anyway, I didn't give it much thought. I bet they would've chewed on the scope quite a bit without lapping. Stilll very happy.