PDA

View Full Version : 10 FLP Extractor

solocycles
01-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Having issues with a Model 10 FLP .308. Some cases are barely ejecting when cycling the bolt and occaisionally not being extracted from the chamber. This is a fairly new rifle with maybe 200 rounds through it. Have seen posts about after market extractors but haven't found any online. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marty

5spd
01-02-2012, 11:36 PM
A call to Savage would get you a replacement. Midwayusa sells them as well.

dksac2
01-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Order from Midway, they are cheap, get a couple extras as well as the ball bearing, spring and locking pin, which only comes out one way, check the hole also for any crud to make sure the spring is not hanging on anything.
The extras are great in case you loose a part or they become unavailable for any reason. I get extra parts like this for most of my important rifles.
Brownells carries them also, $4.95 to ship, compare prices.

My Best, John K

82boy
01-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Having issues with a Model 10 FLP .308. Some cases are barely ejecting when cycling the bolt and occaisionally not being extracted from the chamber. This is a fairly new rifle with maybe 200 rounds through it. Have seen posts about after market extractors but haven't found any online. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Marty

Welcome to the site,
The only company I know of that offer aftermarket extractors is Sharp Shooters Supply. They dont have them on the web site yet. http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/

hunter2
01-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Add to the above post. Just installed SSS larger button head and spring for the ejection issue. Get their oversize detent ball and extractor. Just installed on my 12 and they have been the only thing that has worked. Have to ask for them. Not on the site yet. I was just about ready to give up on savage. fyi...make sure the ejection hole is clean before installing the new spring and ejector-work it a few times after installing. good luck ( they should come from the factory with better tolerances, but savage will tell you they are too busy selling edges right now to worry about that. This came from their reps at the shot show last year.)

solocycles
01-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Cool. Thanks for the replies

solocycles
01-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Ordered the parts from SSS. Brownells and Midway didn't have anything in stock. Thanks for the info.

Marty