PDA

View Full Version : New 10FP firing issue

Captk
12-31-2011, 11:26 AM
I have a new 10FP in 223 that I took out yesterday and had issues with the firing pin not striking the primer. 80% of the time it was fine but the other 20% I would squeeze the trigger and it would make a clicking sound but not fire. I checked the ammo and no sign of the firing pin hitting the primer. Sometime it would do this 3 - 4 times in a row then work fine for the next 4 - 5 cartridges. Do I need to disassemble the bolt and clean/lube? I thought fresh from the box I should have no issues. I wanted to check in here before doing anything.
Other then that very happy with the rifle, it is very accurate and a pleasure to shoot.

Ken

82boy
12-31-2011, 11:36 AM
I willing to bet this is an accu-triggergun, and the problem is in the trigger and the shooter, try turning the weiht of the trigger up.

Coyotejunki
12-31-2011, 01:32 PM
I willing to bet this is an accu-triggergun,

I was thinking the same thing. A friend of mine has his Accu-trigger set extremely lite for target shooting, and he says it aids him on making a straight trigger pull back. If he pulls a little sideways it will hit the accutriggers built in safety device. I can't prove or disprove either way, but he likes the set-up.

deadeye
12-31-2011, 03:09 PM
Ken,

The accu-trigger is designed so it will not go off if you pull slightly to the side (which is common with a lot of shooters).

Pull the trigger straight back with your finger - no side pressure or it will do exactly what yours is doing.

Dan

Captk
01-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll see if it is me or the trigger. The pull is extremely light.

Thanks, Ken

fullersson
01-01-2012, 02:33 PM
+1 for the trigger. Let us know what it was. Brian Brown.

teebirdhyzer
01-01-2012, 02:52 PM
+1 on this. On one rifle I have my accutrigger set at about a pound. If I dont really concentrate on a straight pull, it will not strike the primer.

kschilling
01-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Change the position of your trigger finger. You may need to rotate your wrist to get the right angle for the trigger.