PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a stock for a 116 LA CF with a Varmint bbl

jrclocks
12-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the site. I searched the site for a while and gave up. Sorry if this has been discussed previously.

I received a 243 WIN Varmint bbl for Christmas and want to get a new stock rather than opening up my factory stock.

It seems the B&C Duramax only fits SF actions. Is this true?

Any suggestions for a reasonably priced stock (<$200) for this combination?

Also, I'd like to convert it from top load to DBM at the same time, has anyone had experience with the kit from SSS?

Thanks in advance for the help,

JR

efm77
12-30-2011, 08:42 PM
The Hogues are avaiable now for the Savages and they make them for the centerfeeds. That's the first one that comes to mind. Planning to get one of them myself in the near future.

jrclocks
01-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Thanks for info. From their website, I couldn't tell if theirs fit the CF action. I'll give them a call.

Anyone convert to DBM?

Thank again,
JR

efm77
01-03-2012, 06:19 PM
I'm pretty sure they're for the centerfeed magazines because:
1. Hogue has just started making stocks for the Savage rifles.
2. They're specified for blind mags, hinged floorplates/DBM's and I don't think that Savage made any staggerfeed mags with hinged floorplates and only a few with DBM's and they were of a completely different design.

devildogandboy
01-03-2012, 08:11 PM
It seems the B&C Duramax only fits SF actions. Is this true?

as far as i can find that is correct. i have an stevens 200 and have been researching the duramax only to find it fits only the staggerfeeds. too bad, i think i would have liked one! good luck!

efm77
01-04-2012, 06:38 AM
For the most part. They're not technically made for the centerfeeds although on a lot of the models the screw spacing is the same and some have done it. You just have to make a way to get the magazine to stay in place in the stock since the centerfeed is supposed to be mounted in the stock unlike the staggerfeeds which are attached to the bottom of the receiver.