PDA

View Full Version : need help

joeyp
12-29-2011, 11:54 PM
This is the first time im trying to upgrade a rifle i have a savage 111 in 300 win mag with the detachable magazine and i want to upgrade my stock and i would like an internal magazine where do i need to go and what do i look for thank you any help will be appreciated

ellobo
12-30-2011, 01:12 AM
That switch, if I am reading you correctly, will require you to install the old style box magazine onto the action. It will require machining the action to take the box magazine by creating 2 dovetails. Look at Boyds website for nice inexpensive stocks. Any other stock for the internal staggerfeed magazines can be had from several makers.

El Lobo

stangfish
12-30-2011, 02:07 AM
PM sent

northlander
12-30-2011, 08:00 AM
Your Model 111 with a DBM should be a centerfeed unless you have one of the older, button on the side of the stock DBM models. Assuming your Model 111 is the CF version all you will need is a blind magazine CF stock, a magazine retaining clip and the removal of your magazine base plate. Removing the base plate will allow you to insert your original magazine box into the stock on the blind magazine stock.

As far as an upgrade, I have New Take Off Laminate Wood BVSS Long Action CF Stocks available if you would like that look for your upgrade.

Jim Briggs
NSS

joeyp
12-30-2011, 10:03 AM
it is the older style with the button on the side i am looking for more of a hunting style stock already beded but if machining is involved i might just have to go to a gun smith thanks for all the help if u have any tan stocks please shoot me a pm also i cant find anything on the 111 will the 110 stock work